Re: Ruler Class in GTK+ 3

On 01/09/2015 05:12 PM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
hi;

On 9 January 2015 at 16:02, Kamalpreet Grewal <grewalkamal005 gmail com> wrote:

I am trying to add ruler to my application based on GTK+ 3.

A class namely  is available in GTK2. I havebeen trying to find a
class serving the purpose of ruler in GTK+ 3.

What are the possible classes available for this implementation?
none. GtkRuler was deprecated in GTK+ 2.x and removed in GTK+ 3.x.
it's a *very* niche widget, and most applications that use one in
their UI ended up having their own class.

my suggestion is to look at ruler widgets in GIMP and Inkscape.

if you want to draw your own, you can use a GtkDrawingArea subclass
with a custum draw() virtual function.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

+1 you essentially need a draw function. This is what I did when porting
to gtk+-3
https://github.com/Buzztrax/buzztrax/blob/master/src/ui/edit/signal-analysis-dialog.c#L552-615
there is a 2nd with a log scale in the same file.

Stefan