Re: Widgets not updating until you move the cursor

Hello Franco,
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed peculiar behaviour with Gtk 3
generally with respect to updates only happening after the cursor is
moved? I've seen it a lot in my applications but also in stock apps such
as Evolution and Rhythmbox -  the most obvious example is in the shuffle
option of Rhythmbox where rows in the play-queue only update as the
cursor passes over them.

It's been bugging me for a while so I thought I would ask.
I see this in Gramps 4.2 on Windows 10, and with the same Gramps version in Linux Mint. Gramps 4.x is built on Gtk 3, and the effect is more prominent in Windows, where we include a specific Gtk version with the package. On Linux, we rely on the Gtk that comes with that.

In Gramps, it's visible in the file selector, where the file names appear right away, but some of the icons before the names only appear when I move the mouse cursor over them. Some is about 10 % in Linux, 50 % in Windows 10.

Cheers and best wishes for the new year!
Happy New Year to you too.

Cheers,

Enno