Re: Widget sizing?

On Sat, 2014-11-15 at 15:38 -0600, The Devils Jester wrote:
A GtkLayout does not seem to work, it seems that it does indeed request the
size of its children, so that if I put a GtkLayout inside a GtkWindow, and
I size the GtkLayout to a specific size, then I cant resize the window
smaller than that.

The *I size the GtkLayout to a specific size* is where things go awry.

Use less restrictive API, one that does not force a size, like for
example; gtk_window_set_default_size().

As its not clear to me *exactly* what you want to accomplish with this,
I'm not exactly certain GtkLayout is the behavior you want (maybe you
want to resize and reposition children according to a given aspect
ratio or something ? clipping sounds like a bad idea, and is correct
for GtkLayout because it's intended to be used inside a
GtkScrolledWindow).

Cheers,
    -Tristan