gtk_progress_bar thickness related to theme?

I've developed an application using GTK3 and the theme seems to be more
important on the look and feel than with GTK2.

In my GTK3 application (for Windows 64 using MinGW-w64) the
gtk_progress_bar is thin. Is the thickness of the progress bar related
to the theme? (I only have Adwaita)

How would you change the theme for a compiled app that will be
distributed on Windows? (Without having to install MSYS2 or MinGW=W64)

Mark