Re: nuts!

On 07/28/2014 11:00 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
=====
Of_Interest: With 28 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

well, I've been at this for more than 9 hours.  almost nonstop.
need the list's help.

while I can create several {N} labels, they print centered.  how do I
get the labels to print from the left side of the window widget:

1. label1 text, blah**3.
2  label2 text: whatever
.
.
.
N. LabelN: text: more label strings

??

I have googled here and there.  only one of my foobar.c files *seems*
to print from the left.  (there is lots more to this test; getting the
list of labels or strings neatly printed is only the start.)

thanks,

gary

(Sorry Gary - you get this twice, the first time I forgot to reply to the list and not just to you)

If I have a "good enough" understanding of what you want to do...
Set the label to horizontally expand so it fills the whole width of the container you place it in.
Since labels are derived from gtk_misc, you can then set how the label positions the text within its area.

--

Tony