Re: How to start a filemanager in Gtk2 "the proper way"

Hey,

on Linux you can use the `xdg-open` command[1] (it should be available
on any reasonably modern distribution as part of the cross-desktop
utilities[0]). you can use xdg-open to open any file or URI you pass
to it with the correct application for the file's MIME type; if that
path is a directory, then the default action is to open a file manager
window.
the program I'm working on is using XDG system variables so I guess
calling xdg-open shouldn't be a problem.

if you have access to a recent enough version of GLib, you should use
GSubprocess; alternatively, use the g_spawn_* family of functions.
It depends on the distribution. I'm currently working on a Fedora 20
machine to have the latest packages, although my default system is a
Debian Wheezy system. So, I probably go with g_spawn.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Christian

@Emmanuele: sorry for answering you directly... I haven't configured my
mail program yet, so I use the webmailer.. grml