Re: Documenting properties and signals with gtk-doc

Hi,

Le 20/12/2014 13:39, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
[...]

I wrote a library to deal with joysticks in a GObject/GTK-like way. It
works (including a GTK-based tester tool, although the UI could use some
improvement), and I now want to do the API documentation and also make
sure that glib-introspection works.

However, I do not seem to be able to get the documentation that I wrote
for the few signals and properties to actually show up in the gtk-doc
output. It just isn't there.

I'm sure this must be something obvious to someone more experienced with
gtk-doc than me, but I don't see it.

The problem you have is that your GType type names don't match your
class names.  You have JoyStickType and JoyModelType, but your classes
are name JoyStick and JoyModel.

As the properties and signals are detected by introspecting the types
(via gtkdoc-scangobj), the GType type name has to match the one of your
actual class, otherwise gtk-doc won't know they belong to it.

What you actually need to do is rename your GTypes to the real structure
name.  This will fix the type hierarchy (as you miss it), and the
properties and signals.

Regards,
Colomban

PS: your build system has issues, like the generated files
(joy-marchallers.[ch], joy-iface.h) aren't generated automatically, and
you lack a dependency on libjoy.la and UDEV_LIBS on your libjoy-gtk
library (this breaks building with LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,defs)