Re: Plotting library for GTK+

On Tue, 2 Dec 2014 19:17:01 +0300
"Sergei Naumov" <vomus rambler ru> wrote:

Can anyone help?

GNU plot can be used with 'pipes', so you can send the commands to the
program directly. I didn't use it with GNUplot itself, but with a program
I made, and that form of 'remote control' is fairly handy.

For a little more integration, have a look at xmgrace
(http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/doc/UsersGuide.html#ss6.2)
which can be called as subprocess for a C or fortran program. Xmgrace's plotting
capabilities are very wide-ranging. From simple XY plotting to FFT and other
niceties.

In this day and with modern computers, I'd suggest Python + one of the
plotting libraries. With matplotlib as the most sophisticated, but pyplot
is sufficient in most cases (part of matplotlib).

John