Re: GSettings on Windows

On Monday 30 September 2013 16:30:11 Geert Janssens wrote:
I'm working on converting GnuCash from using GConf to GSettings.

I'm currently at a point that the code doesn't call GConf anymore. The
keys and paths still contain underscores instead of dashes, because
on linux I'm still testing with gconf as gsettings backend.

On linux this works fine. So I wanted to test the same on our Windows
port. On that platform I am using the default backend (ie I don't
explicitly specify a backend). Compilation works fine and the program
starts, but no settings are stored or loaded from the gsettings
backend.

As far as I can see, I did everything according to the migration guide
and I am unsure how to proceed to get this working.

The schema files are found alright. Otherwise the program would have
crashed. But I don't see a GSettings section appearing in the
registry. I have created it manually just to test, but no keys are
stored below it.

GnuCash is using GLib 2.28.8 on Windows. I verified that version comes
with a gregistrysettings backend. I have no idea though if it's
actually used.

How to proceed from here ?

Thanks,

Geert