grab mouse event

Hi
 i have a problem with GTK application. I create a Gtk.Socket within my application and embed an urxvt
terminal inside it(urxvt can embed itself into provided window id, which i get from socket.get_id()) .. but
now i want to catch signal of mouse event in this embedded window and im not able to. The problem is, when i
connect socket.connect("button-press-event', my_cb) it doesnt get fired. socket.connect("key-press-event',
my_cb) does work.  ..i also tried to hook socket.do_event() ... but it doesn't receive event either. Is it
possible in GTK to hook somehow main loop and catch mouse event in whole application? Or is it possible to
hook(grab) mouse event on parent window(widget), before it is processed in child window(widget)?

michal