Re: GtkTreeView doesn't refresh

Le 27/11/2013 12:57, Jarosław Sobieszek a écrit :
Hello,

I'm trying to dynamically modify list based on some action. Program below
should add 3 rows at the top and 3 rows at the bottom of the list for every
click of the button. For some reason it doesn't work - I'm seeing partial
updates with random amount of data (only 2 top rows on first click, then 5
at the bottom, on 3rd click the list looks ok (9 rows added at the top and
9 rows added at the bottom)). I've tested this under gtk2 and it works ok.
Am I missing something or is it a bug in gtk3 (gtk3-3.8.6 under Fedora 19)?

I'd say it's a bug in tree view sizing in GTK3.

Actually, the list is correctly updated, but the view only request space
for the initial data, and not for the newly added.  And since in your
case you don't pack it in a ScrolledWindow, the view should grow its
size request.

You can see what really happens by making your tree view expand
(gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box), tree, TRUE, TRUE, 0) instead of
container_add(box, tree)): you will see that if you resize the window
manually you see the "missing" rows.

Regards,
Colomban