Re: ScrolledWindow, DrawingArea, and setting step-increment

Hmm. I used to have something using that, in one of the early tests,
but there was either a critical performance problem, or something I
couldn't do with it. Can that handle mark-and-copy, clickable URLs,
and so on? Or possibly it's that you say "thousands" there; to me,
thousands of lines is just barely getting started. My current session

Mark & copy and clickable urls are supported in the code example I sent you.

About the thousands...

I've not done specific benchmarks but I used to keep a scrollback of 50000
lines in my old powerbook 800mhz without slowdowns.

in Gypsum has barely started and I already have 50K lines; my RosMud
session currently has 300K lines of scrollback; and I've noted as an
unsolvable RosMud bug that it's unacceptably slow adding the
16,777,216th line to the buffer (because it does a naive

I think that so many lines may be a problem for GtkTextBuffer, I mean,
they are also a problem for an editor like vim :)