Re: VTE questions

On Wednesday, 29 May, 2013 01:26 PM, Kip Warner wrote:
On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 06:59 +0800, Arnel A. Borja wrote:
Try copying Anjuta's way of packing a terminal; it uses a GtkFrame to
pack a horizontal GtkBox which contains the VteTerminal and the
GtkScrollbar.
Hey Arnel. Thanks for your help. I did what you suggested, but perhaps
the properties on the parent container of the VTE widget need tweaking
because the top of the terminal is still clipped:

   <http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/screenshot-13-05-28-102127pm0.php>

Remove GtkScrolledWindow (right-click the recoveryTerminal in the right
sidebar then select Remove Parent in the popup menu) then add a GtkScrollbar
to box31. Make sure that the terminal is set to expand horizontally, and the
terminal and the scrollbar has the same (vertical) adjustment.

http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/screenshotfrom2013-05-29184206.php

I've also tried using GtkScrolledWindow a few months ago, without success.
Terminals don't use horizontal scrollbars anyway (based on my experience :D),
so a vertical GtkScrollbar should be enough.