Re: Can I install both GTK+2 and GTK+3?

hi;

On 17 May 2013 12:37, David Nečas <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:40:10AM +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
it's maintained only for critical bugs, or for platform support; no
new feature, and no new API is *ever* going in to the gtk-2-24 branch.

And that's what many 3rd party developers like.  Absolutely no changes
except critical bug and platform support fixes.

yes, I suppose there is a part of ISVs that favour this approach.

after all, there are still a ton of corporate Motif applications
written in 1994 lying around that still need to be replaced by web
apps.

 All the small bugs and
peculiarities are known, are not replaced with a different set of small
bugs and peculiarities in the next release and we've learned how to work
around them.

sure, let's work around bugs and "peculiarities" instead of, you know,
fixing them. ;-)

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--