Re: Mouse events on a Cairo Context

On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 17:42 +0200, Borja Mon Serrano wrote:

The problem with (4) is drag&drop. I think it could be very difficult to
deal with it, so I'm going to try the third solution, with goocanvasmm. Do
you know any example of use of goocanvasmm?

Yes, drag&drop may be not very easy.
And zooming and panning/scrolling for a plain (cairo) drawing area may
be not really trivial, when you need to grab objects with the mouse.
I did try it two years ago from Ruby -- not really difficult, but it
takes some time to get the math right. Have not found time to clean it
up yet. ( http://www.ssalewski.de/PetEd.html.en)

Of course, if you do C++ and have not much experience in GTK already you
may try

https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/graphicsview.html

I have never find time and motivation to test that.