Re: Printing GtkTextView contents

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:25:23 -0700 (PDT)
Marco Ricci <marcoricci2012 yahoo com> wrote:

Is there a way by which I can query for the printer and use the results of the query to send the contents
of the GtkTextView? Can someone please point me to a small example that does what I describe? I program
using C on Linux.

Normally, there is a default printer configured for your machine. So, you could, for example,
save the text of your TextView to a temp file, and execute (eg. with 'system') 'lpr <tempfile>'
Of course, it will be formated using default character sizes etc (probably some monospaced font).
But in the case of tech info, this simple trick might be useful.

John