Printing GtkTextView contents

I want to obtain information about the printer connected to my USB port and send the contents of my
GtkTextBuffer to the printer. However, I do not want any settings dialog to show up because I want to
eliminate human interaction.

Is there a way by which I can query for the printer and use the results of the query to send the contents of
the GtkTextView? Can someone please point me to a small example that does what I describe? I program using C
on Linux.

Thanks,
marco