Re: Updating GUI during long operation

On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 13:52 +0200, Nicola Fontana wrote:
gdk_threads_add_idle() is only a convenient way of calling
g_idle_add()
without the need of decorating the callback code with a
gdk_threads_enter()/gdk_threads_leave() pair:

http://developer.gnome.org/gdk/stable/gdk-Threads.html#gdk-threads-add-idle-full

The code of the dispatcher can be found here:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gdk/gdk.c?id=3.8.1#n779

Thanks Nicola. For some reason, and perhaps this is just coincidental,
but I've noticed the GUI seems fully responsive since I exchanged
GObject.idle_add() for Gdk.threads_add_idle()? I wonder why, or if
that's just coincidental and my machine is just better behaved today for
an unrelated reason.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred