Re: gtk_main() at level 0 and gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new

On 09/19/2012 05:32 PM, Alan wrote:
Hi,

I use a GTK+ application where we mainly enter (with gtk_main()) and leave
(with gtk_main_quit()) the gtk main event loop at level 0. That means that
most of time we don't increase the gtk main loop level by calling recursively
gtk_main(). We use gui between calls of gtk_main()/gtk_main_quit() and we do
other things between gtk_main_quit() and gtk_main().

instead of calling a new gtk main loop, you might as well register an
idle callback / idle timeout callback, and exit your current function.
That way you don't need a second/third etc. main loop.

Olivier