Re: Where to put graphic elements so I can find them again

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 08:55:52 +0200
Vivien Malerba wrote:

You can also use Gio's Gresource for this purpose:
http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/gio-GResource.html

Well, now that's pretty darn snappy isn't it!

The more I learn about GTK the more impressed I am with its capabilities.

After playing with the gdk-pixbuf-csource solution that Allin suggested, I was
actually just now wondering if GTK also provides a way to pack files directly
into an executable other than graphics, and by golly here it is.

Unfortunately, I see that the GResource capability was added in version 2.32
and since I use Centos 6 I'm on version 2.18.

I see that there is a gtk_builder_add_from_string() function to pack a glade
file into an executable that's available since version 2.12 so I do have that.
I haven't actually started playing with glade yet; I figure I'm better
off creating my windows "the hard way" until I get a better grip on how this
stuff works.

I think I've written my last program, text mode or not, that doesn't include
glib.h, though.  GString functions alone make it worth using, not to mention
the date and time calculators and the linked list handling and on and on...
I'm kind of kicking myself for not having looked into this before, actually.