Re: Where to put graphic elements so I can find them again

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012, Frank Cox wrote:

1. I have a "custom" graphic that I'm showing as a sort of a placeholder or
background in my mailing list program.

2. I see that most program-specific graphics on my computer seem to be located
in /usr/share/pixmaps.

Is it proper to put the custom graphic into /usr/share/pixmaps and just
"assume" that it will be there, i.e use an absolute path to find it from within
the program?

You'd be better including the custom graphic in your program. This can be done very easily with xpm format, or see gdk-pixbuf-csource.
Unless, that is, you want it to be "themeable".

Allin Cottrell