GTK+ 3.6 threading?

Hi,
Now that from GTK+ 3.6, thread functions are deprecated. Is there any new rules to do threading with the gtk+ 3.6 version? Just for an example, I want to download many files in background, and show the progress in GUI, how should I do it? I tried */g_main_context_invoke/*, but seems it did not work. I can't update GUI from that GSourceFunc. Maybe is my mistaken use...
    Anyone know how? Or just give me some examples.

    Sorry for my bad English.
    Thanks.

--
Weitian