GTK+3 fonts

Hi all,

I have been developing some GTK+3/Cairo apps under CentOS 6, and am now trying
to get them running under MacOS (Mountain Lion). I am using Cairo's text drawing
functions to render simple strings into a GtkDrawingArea and am partial to the Sans font for various reasons.
This does not seem to be properly installed on my
Mac and I am trying to figure out how to correct the problem. I have installed
the MacPorts gtk3 package, and subsequently built the
gsettings-desktop-schemas-3.6.0 to get my apps up and running.