Re: Best way to busy-wait in Python 3 / Gtk+ 3?

On 10/10/2012 06:17 AM, Filip Lamparski wrote:
Thanks, your method works. However, it still takes the program quite a bit
to load up, and my problem is that I want display the window as soon as
possible. If that helps, here is how the program loads up:
Script starts
The window is constructed
Window events are connected to their handlers
window.show_all()
When the window is ready, TED Talks are loaded and processed.
Then, widgets for the talks are created. In the widget's constructor, I
call GdkPixbuf.Pixbuf.new_from_stream_async.

Problem: The window does not show up when loading the images (something
that I hoped _async would make possible).

Hmm the point of async is to load things in the background.  So
somewhere something is missing.  You'll have to post some small code
example I think.  Preferably a complete snippet that replicates the
problem (show a single window, do a single image load or something).