Re: Slow combo box when adding 500 rows

Osmo Antero wrote:
Adding rows to a combo box with a GtkListStore is immensely slow.
Is it right that adding 500 rows can take upto 10 seconds and the GUI freezes?

I have similar hardware but with the NVIDIA driver so it only freezes
for about 2 seconds on my system.

[snip]
What is your opinion?
Should I use a thread to add data after the GUI has been displayed?

It looks like a GTK3 performance issue. Running your app against GTK2
results in the combo widget displaying instantly. Another reason why I
have not jumped from GTK2 to GTK3 yet.

You should file a bug with this test case.