GtkTable cells resizing

Hi,

I have an application with a tabbed view. On two tabs I have a table, one is a 2x2 table, the other a 3x1 table (3 rows).

In each cell is a canvas that has a gtk plot.

I want to be able to click one of the plots in the 3x1 table and change the canvas size to 2/3 the original, with the other two canvases being 1/6 the original size.

After redrawing and resizing and mucking about, I can't get the table rows to be different sizes, accommodating the different sized canvases properly, even though I have gtk_table_set_homogeneous (table, FALSE);

Any clues how to do this?

Regards,
James.