clarification: GErrors and GQuarks

Quick glib question here: I've been getting into glib's error reporting
system and trying to integrate it into some code. (My code is using
glib, but not GTK+ itself.) Overall it seems rather straightforward, but
there was one point I was hoping for clarification on:

In the g_set_error() parameters, the "domain" parameter is a GQuark.
Does this mean that I am supposed to use something like
"g_quark_from_string (MODULE_ERROR_DOMAIN_NAME)" for that parameter each
time I call g_set_error?

That would make sense, from what I've read in the GQuark part of the
API. But I'm a little confused because the example given in the API for
g_set_error() usage does not do this. (In the example, they just pass in
some mysterious constant of unexplained origin.)

--
frigidcode.com
indicium.us