Re: porting Xlib/Motif apps to GTK+

On 03/01/2012 04:07 AM, Roger Davis wrote:
Hi Dov,

Thanks very much for that interesting code example. I built it and it
seems to work fine, so there is apparently a solution to my problem,
however complicated it may turn out to be. I assume since no one has
given me a short 'yes' answer to my question of whether you can easily
do an XOR line draw in Cairo that the answer is in fact 'no'. That's
really too bad, XOR is such a nice, easy solution to quickly drawing a
visible overlay line (when one is not particular about its actual color)
and then rapidly restoring the original underlying drawing with an XOR
erase. A few of my rubberbanding operations are unfortunately a lot more
complicated than just a single line or box.

I will definitely save this very useful demo code, and probably bug you
about it sometime in the future when I get to the point of rewriting all
of my Xlib drawing ops. (Lucky you! ;-> )

If it is in cairo operators, it can be done. Else, no.

http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-cairo-t.html#cairo-operator-t