Re: custom widget theme change problem

On 22 June 2012 01:50, James Morris <jwm art net gmail com> wrote:
Can anyone give any pointers as to what might be happening?

I've found the culprit, or put another way, I've found what to comment
out to fix the problem.

In my custom_widget_realize callback it has the following code which
if I comment out the last three lines of, the problem resolves:

   window = gtk_widget_get_parent_window (widget);
   gtk_widget_set_window(widget, window);
   g_object_ref (window);

   style = gtk_widget_get_style(widget);
   style = gtk_style_attach(style, window);
   gtk_widget_set_style(widget, style);

Ok I discovered that solution to cause an alternative problem:
 Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_detach: assertion `style->attach_count
0' failed

Which caused me to the first two of the last three lines (ie without
gtk_widget_set_style).

The docs for gtk_style_attach say:
"Since this function may return a new object, you have to use it in
the following way: style = gtk_style_attach (style, window)"

So what am I meant to do with it?

thanks
james.