custom widget theme change problem

Hi,

I have a custom GTK widget which renders using Cairo. In the expose
callback gtk_widget_get_style is called to obtain colours to render
the widget with some theme consistency.

When a theme is changed (ie using gtk-chtheme) any of my custom
widgets that are visible are not updated. However, after switching to
a different notebook tab, I can see previously hidden instances of the
custom widget have been updated (switching notebook tabs back again
does not trigger update).

Can anyone give any pointers as to what might be happening?

Thanks,
James.

GTK 2.24.10