Re: How do I fix the window size?

On 5 June 2012 11:00, Ferdinand Ramirez <ramirez ferdinand yahoo com> wrote:

I have a treeview and a scrollbar which are both within a hbox. The hbox
is within a window. When I expand the treeview, the window resizes itself
to include the whole treeview.

The biggest problem is when the treeview has more elements than what can
be seen on a single screen. The window size becomes larger than the display.

I want the window size to remain the same and use my scrollbar to navigate
my treeview. How do I achieve this? gtk_window_resize does not seem to be
the solution.

I think the solution is to place the treeview in a gtk_scrolled_window
rather than using an hbox and an explicit scrollbar. You may also need to
make a call to gtk_widget_set_size_request on the scrolled window to get
what you want.