How do I fix the window size?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I searched online and could not find any discussion on this
issue and I did not find anything on the documentation page.

I have a treeview and a scrollbar which are both within a hbox. The hbox is within a window. When I expand
the treeview, the window resizes itself to include the whole treeview.

The biggest problem is when the treeview has more elements than what can be seen on a single screen. The
window size becomes larger than the display.

I want the window size to remain the same and use my scrollbar to navigate my treeview. How do I achieve
this? gtk_window_resize does not seem to be the solution.

Thanks,
-Ferdinand