Re: need help with final callback

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:24:13PM +0200, Gabriele Greco wrote:
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:24:13 +0200
From: Gabriele Greco <gabriele greco darts it>
Subject: Re: need help with final callback
To: Gary Kline <kline thought org>, gtk-app-devel-list
 <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>

        Guys, I need your help with the last piece of my
        voice-by-computer program.  the appended section compiles to
        the binary "xD" that lets the user choose the gender,
        word-per-minute speed, delay-between-words, and pitch of th
        e voice.  Without this 'option' the user would type "hello"
        and hit <enter>, a male voice would sound thru the speakers.

I don't understand what is the object of your help request.

Your program seems to work.

Do you need to add a text entry to it so that you can write inside it and
call an external program to render the speech?

Do you want to integrate your speech system system-wide?

--
Bye,
 Gabry

        Hi,

        I want to hack this into my "Options".  The rest of my "vbc"
        programs work as it should: it lets the user type what he
        wants to say into /usr/bin/gvim, and the computer voices his
        words.

        The default now is that the voice is male; the program will
        add the option of changing the gender to female and tuning
        the speed and other things.  I'm just just sure how how
        integrate my dD.c with my vbc.c.  (Late last year as well as
        in January and February, this year, I demo'd the main features
        of vbc.  (I stopped for a few months because of shoulder
        pain.  I am now ready to finish the project.)

        I suppose I need  help in gluing this snippet into vbc.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline thought org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
     Voice By Computer (for Universal Access): http:/www.thought.org/vbc