Re: need help in looping many times...

On 01/24/2012 07:27 AM, John Coppens wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to simply add an editor window to your program?
Use for example, the GtkTextView widget. You won't have to spawn
external editors, and always have the text available.
You can even implement cut/copy/paste, re-use recent text, etc.

Also, you launch the reproduction as a thread, and permit editing while
permitting edition.

Thread or process, it doesn't matter.  GTK's g_spawn_async can do the job.

As for the first, as Gary explained to me, whatever editor he uses has
to be able to expand abbreviations.  He can only type slowly, and
automatic abbreviations can speed up his typing dramatically.  He
already has a nice system in vim that works for him, so he wanted to use
that here.  GtkTextView does not have completion capabilities.  However
GtkSourceView does.  I've written a demo program for Gary that does use
GtkSourceCompletion to do the abbreviations.  Another option is to embed
a vim widget (Pida embeds gvim somehow) somehow, if he's got to remain
with vim.