Re: need help getting this right

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 09:02:38AM +0100, zz excite it wrote:
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 09:02:38 +0100
From: zz excite it
Subject: Re: need help getting this right
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

On Sunday 26 February 2012 00:28:34 Gary Kline wrote:
i'll append ~130 lines of C and gtk v2.0 or later.  i found this
online in a much busier [and complex] example.  for several days,
on and off, i messed around trying to get two independent horizontal
bars.  i would guess that in total, i hacked away around 17-23
hours.  this morning i threw everything away and started from
*scratch*.  after about two hours of using EXtreme care, i got to
horizontal bars to work.

(by the way, this is for part of my menu-items "Options" dropdown.
i FINALLY found the program i had been looking for. Gespeaker.  i
thought: Oh great; that's got all  i  need.  BUUUT: Bzzt: it is is
python and i'm still learning that.  )

what i need help w with is mostly =one=- thing: give the numbers more
=room=.  only "0" and "100" are clear.  the rest are displayed as if
torn [??]; i  would like lots of vertical space between my three or
four horizontal bars.  i've tried the 'separator' bar.  no joy, at
least AFAICT.

thanks much in advance,

gary

Hi,
gtk_widget_set_usize (GTK_WIDGET (hscale), 200, -1);

works for me.

Ciao,
zz

        YES!  t.y.  do you, or anybody else know how to get rid of
        the (*%##$#! #) red lines and that greyish grab-hold-slider
        that shows up when i move my mouse cursor down there?  i admit
        to being Slow, but the damn thing fades awsay most of the time
        before i can grab hold of it.  [[FWIW,I'm running ubuntu 11.10;
        so it =may= be that the red bar+grey/silver slider is something
        that =I= have to adjust.... ]]

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline thought org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix