Re: need help getting this right

On Sunday 26 February 2012 00:28:34 Gary Kline wrote:
i'll append ~130 lines of C and gtk v2.0 or later.  i found this
online in a much busier [and complex] example.  for several days,
on and off, i messed around trying to get two independent horizontal
bars.  i would guess that in total, i hacked away around 17-23
hours.  this morning i threw everything away and started from
*scratch*.  after about two hours of using EXtreme care, i got to
horizontal bars to work.

(by the way, this is for part of my menu-items "Options" dropdown.
i FINALLY found the program i had been looking for. Gespeaker.  i
thought: Oh great; that's got all  i  need.  BUUUT: Bzzt: it is is
python and i'm still learning that.  )

what i need help w with is mostly =one=- thing: give the numbers more
=room=.  only "0" and "100" are clear.  the rest are displayed as if
torn [??]; i  would like lots of vertical space between my three or
four horizontal bars.  i've tried the 'separator' bar.  no joy, at
least AFAICT.

thanks much in advance,

gary

Hi,
gtk_widget_set_usize (GTK_WIDGET (hscale), 200, -1);

works for me.

Ciao,
zz