Re: Why doesn't my label show up in the window

Thanks loads, Emmanuele and Olivier, for the information!  I now have lots of
reading, thinking and experimenting to do.

It sure is a different way to do things.  I just spent an hour trying to
figure out what I'm supposed to do after setting up the queue and while the mail
is being sent out? And then I realized: nothing.  Just sit there and wait until
it's over. There's nothing to drive.

It's truly fascinating, but I'm still working on getting my mind wrapped around
this whole procedure.

I'll see how this GQueue works out.  Looks like a mighty slick way to handle a
linked list.  I've very quickly become a big believer in the GString -- that's
god's gift to variable string handling, and now I'm thinking that the GQueue is
in the same league with respect to linked lists.  Cool stuff, indeed.