Re: GtkTextView and bidi text

Sorry for not being clear. I actually meant that it should be controllable
by the programmer.

Looking at the documentation for GtkTextTag I realized that there is a
property "direction", that by default has the value GTK_TEXT_DIR_NONE .
What happens if you change it to GTK_TEXT_DIR_LTR? Will it not override the
automatic calculation of the base direction? If not, it is a bug that can
easily be fixed. I can think of no other use for this property that makes
sense.

And you are never helpless as long as you have the source. Of course you
have a complexity barrier and learning curve. But it is much better than
the being blindfolded. ;-)

Regards,
Dov

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 23:36, Ferdinand Ramirez <