Re: GtkTextView and bidi text

--- On Mon, 4/23/12, Dov Grobgeld <dov grobgeld gmail com> wrote:

Lots of years ago we spoke about having a direction override as a paragraph
attribute, but we never got around to implementing it.

I think it is a good idea to give control to the programmer rather than make it automatic.

Making everything automatic and making the programmer feel helpless is the Microsoft way. There, now that
I've insulted you, I am sure you will consider adding this feature. :-)

Seriously, this should not even be at the paragraph level, but in the complete control of the programmer. The
programmer should be able to set the direction and this should hold until it is set again. Even if the
automatic direction detection exists, there should be the ability to override it.

-Ferdinand