font rendering is different in gtk+ 3

Hello.

I'm having difficulties rendering pixel-perfect fonts in gtk+3. My
program uses the GtkOffscreenWindow to create a widget snapshot. Then
I convert the snapshot to a 1-bit black/white image. I disabled
anti-aliasing and hinting but fonts with bold weight still look ugly.
The size of bold fonts are out of proportion, compared to fonts,
rendered with Gtk+ 2. They feel too big and too stretched out.

Any ideas how to fix the look of bold fonts or how to customize bold
font rendering?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Greets,