Re: multiple filters in GtkFileChooser

2011/9/14 Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu>:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Allin Cottrell wrote:

I have found the relevant difference between gtk 2.24.5 and 2.24.6, which
has the effect -- on my system at least -- that the filter selection combo
box is not displayed correctly in the gtk file chooser when using 2.24.6.

It's the added material in the function filter_create(), in
gtkfilechooserdefault.c. I'm attaching a diff (simply commenting out the new
stuff), which if applied to 2.24.6 makes it work correctly for me.

One further point: I've now tried compiling the same code against GTK
3.0.12, and I'm not seeing the problem with the wrongly ellipsized strings
in the filechooser filter combo.
GTK 2.24.6 is the only release which exhibits this problem.

I have been able to work around the issue with 2.24.6 with a hack: locate
the filter combo among the children of the file chooser dialog by recursing
gtk_container_foreach(), and use gtk_widget_set_size_request() to set its
width to something sensible.

I might mention that the installed pango is 1.29.3, in case that makes any
difference.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics

You should really file a bug report. It's the right thing to do

Regards

Bernhard