Gtk3 set_size_request delayed

Hi,

I'm porting a pygtk2 application to Gtk3 aka pygi.
I've encountered the problem that set_size_request requests appear to become stuck in the event queue. This can be best seen by the example [1]. If you maximize the window, the DrawingArea does not resize as it was requested to. If you unmaximize the window, only then the size requested previously is applied, with the new size request again stuck somewhere - it will get applied again one "iteration" too late, after the next resize.
Less obviously, but the same problem applies for normal resizes.

The corresponding pygtk variant [2] behaves as expected. Also, a C port of [1] ([3]) has the same issue.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a Gtk3 bug?

Thanks,

Sandro

[1] http://nas.dyndns.org/temp/test.py
[2] http://nas.dyndns.org/temp/test2.py