pointer grab

Dear list,

my app has a button, when it is pressed it waits till the pointer
clicks somewhere in a drawing area. I have implemented this by calling
gdk_device_grab() in the button-press callback. As such it works OK,
but a small detail is that after the drawing area has been clicked,
the button is still in the hoover mode. So the button "thinks" the
pointer is still on the button. The only way to "reset" the button to
it's true state is by moving the pointer and make sure it enters and
leaves the button again.

What do I need to do to prevent this behavior? I would like to see
that after clicking the drawing area the button is in it's
"normal/natural" state, i.e. it has received a leave signal.

regards,
CH