Re: GtkPlug and GtkSocket

On 25 May 2011, at 09:43, John Emmas wrote:

Does anyone know if GtkPlug and GtkSocket are usable in gtk-win32?  I appreciate that they were originally
written for windows that support the XEmbed protocol (i.e. X windows) but browsing through the source code,
gtk-win32 seems to implement a protocol that's broadly equivalent.  However, I'm not having much success
getting my GtkPlug and GtkSocket to work.  Has anyone ever seen a working example?

After a good night's sleep I realised today that by default, GtkPlug appears to create a top level window
(i.e. with a border, title bar, minimize button etc).  I strongly suspect that this is why it doesn't get
embedded in the host window.

Is there a way to make GtkPlug generate a child window, without any decorations?  I guess this relates to my
earlier question about modifying the window's style.

John