Re: Maximize on Windows 7 seems broken.

On 11/05/2011 8:19 AM, Matteo Landi wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:07 AM, James Steward
<jamessteward optusnet com au>  wrote:
Hi,

I'm developing on Windows 7, 64 bit, using MinGW/MSYS for familiarity
with a Posix type system.

I have installed gtk+-bundle_2.22.1-20101227_win32.zip, and building a 32bit
app for compatibility.

My application calls gtk_window_maximize(GTK_WINDOW(window)); but the
resulting window is not maximized properly. It sits below the top of
the screen, and is cut off at the bottom of the screen.

Also, restoring the window, then dragging to the top of the screen to
allow Bill to maximize it results in the same.

Running on an XP machine, the maximize works fine, as it does on Linux.

Is this a known Windows 7 (possibly also Vista) problem with GTK+ apps?
Is there a fix?

I've googled around, but not hit on any solutions yet.
Is it maybe a problem with the window manager? I had problem trying to
raise a window up if covered.
Just guessing...

Whether a problem with Bill's window manager or not, there must be a solution from Gtk.

JS.