Re: Getting a pointer to a dialog's 'Cancel' button

On 4 May 2011, at 12:30, Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin wrote:

You could add the cancel button after creating the dialog with
gtk-dialog-add-button:

http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/stable/GtkDialog.html#gtk-dialog-add-button

Yeah, I guess I'll have to do it that way.  Because GTK+ widgets are to some extent hierarchical, it's
sometimes easy to fall into the trap of thinking they're object oriented (which they're not, of course).

What about my overall strategy though?  Is that a reasonable enough way to close a non-modal dialog box or is
there a simpler way?

John