Re: how to display initial information of program

Suggest you open another window with the information displayed in it and a button which can be clicked to completely destroy the window if the user wants to do this.

You can also destroy the window from your application when you know it is no longer needed.

You can of course setup a container widget with your information; display it in your current window and destroy it when appropriate.

Rgds Bill