VTE help

I have been struggling to find examples and documentation on the vte
library for C. I have found a small example here
http://www.gtkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3304&hilit=vte but I am
still struggling for help since that example uses a deprecated call
fork_command call which should be fork_command_full, but I am not
really sure how to use the new function, since it requires vteptyflags
which I can find even fewer examples and documentation on.

Can someone help me get my terminal working with the new function call?

My code can be found here: https://gitorious.org/x2

Thanks in advance.