Re: Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_cursor_pos: assertion `index >= 0 && index <= layout->length' failed

If you can post a minimal piece of code that demonstrates the error, then it makes it easier for people to help you. Also in cutting back to minimal code, you may well find the problem for yourself.

Rgds Bill