Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_cursor_pos: assertion `index >= 0 && index <= layout->length' failed

hello to all the guys here,

I am new to gtk and I am doing a GUI for a program with it.

All is ok, but there is one thing i don't understand.

I have a call back entered when the event "changed" is triggered for a
GtkEntry widget.

When the user is deleting the last character with a backspace he get the
following message at console :

Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_cursor_pos: assertion `index >= 0 &&
index <= layout->length' failed

The call back routine is doing nothing else that signaling a change to be
saved.

The effective change in the database is done on triggering
"focus-out-event".

I am surely missing an obvious thing ...

What can i do to avoid such a  behavior ?

Claude Simon